July 17, 2011

Hey everyone!I just got back from a weekend at the beach in Donghae where I had my first pizza since being here! It was amazing, it exceeded my expectations of pizza that I could get in a small town. Tomorrow I observe a Camp Fulbright lesson. Camp Fulbright is the english camp that Fulbright puts on to basically pay for our orientation. The beach was amazing and because it was in Donghae, I had never visited it before. I spent the entire Saturday on the beach and I definitely got burned. On Friday we went to a Buddhist temple and then on Sunday we went to the weirdest museum ever. It ranged from fossils of human skulls to teapots to a bunch of crucifixes, to caves. That's right, caves. And the person who owns the museum is the SAME PERSON that owns the University we are at right now and the HOTEL that we stayed at in Donghae is. I don't know who this guy is but I don't even know how people have that much money. I had a great time but I think I might be getting a little sick. My first ever English lesson will be on Tuesday and tomorrow I have a Korean language quiz... ahhh! So much to do so much to do.

Special shout out to my cousin SD for getting an overall achievement trophy from the Hill!!! Congrats SD!

2 comments:

  1. Nice and newsy... thanks for the update! Hot here, and getting hotter all week.

    ReplyDelete